Monday, August 27, 2012

Ahaha, Hunger Games.

Just saw the Hunger Games.  Later I'm sure I'll end up doing the proper bloggy thing to do and actually write a post about what I thought of it, but I just need to get this off my chest first.



I don't know who did the costuming, but I love them for it.  I mean, the first costume they put Katniss and Peeta in are those total villain costumes -- seriously, they've got the spiky black leather stuff and they are on fire!  The book played it off as all dramatic and impressive, sure, but it wasn't till I saw that part of the film that I realized holy shit, they look fucking evil!  I made a couple gifs and in every one Kat and Peeta look villain-tastic.  It's like the Baroness meets The Rani or something.  With fire, so a little Team Magma thrown in?  And hell, a bit of Sauron l flair to boot.  Check these outfits out.  Watching these gifs out of context I get the vibe that these two are some sort of somewhat-confused villain team on a conquest tour or something.  In a parade in the city they've conquered, I dunno.  Katniss's hair looks really familiar too, but I can't think of where I've seen a similar style.



Kat kinda looks like the Master in that screen-banner thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment