Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Deep sleeper

I wake up at the oddest things.  Normally I would say I'm a deep sleeper, because I can sleep through a lot.  To date I have slept through countless very loud, very persistent alarm clocks, I have slept through thunder and lightning, I have slept through the phone ringing right next to my head, I have slept through people talking to me and shaking me, I have slept through video games my brother is playing on a projector with the boom box hooked up for maximum authenticity when the artillary starts dropping, I have slept through fire alarms, I have slept through my great-grandmother falling and breaking her hip and being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.  I can sleep through a lot of stuff.  So that would make me a deep sleeper, right?

Except sometimes I wake up at the oddest things, too.  Like somebody talking in another room.  Not even very loudly, or to me.  This morning I woke up because Dad answered the phone in his bedroom and told Mom who it was.  I didn't wake up at the phone ringing, but I jerked awake as soon as he spoke to my mother about it.  And whenever I'm having a hard time waking up in the morning, all I gotta do is put on my glasses and suddenly I'm wide awake.   It's like an on-switch or something.

Basically, sometimes waking up is weird and for some reason I thought it was important to broadcast this to the world at large.  Go back to your regularly scheduled morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment