Sunday, April 21, 2013

Record Store Day

I went to Record Store Day with a friend yesterday!  We went downtown at ridiculous o'clock in the morning (read, ten thirty) to check out Fred's Records.  I've never checked out Record Store Day before, but now that I've actually got a record player I figured I should get some new records to play on it.  I didn't get much, just a few cheap second-hand albums because I couldn't really afford anything new.  I might go down another day to have another look when it's less crowded, there were a fair few people flipping through records and I didn't want to be in anyone's way by spending too long in one spot.  I ended up getting an album of tango music, the soundtrack to Cats, Chris de Burgh's Crusader, and Eartha Kitt's Greatest Hits.


It's been a long time since I listened to Cats.  I had forgotten most of the songs on it; I loved the musical as a kid when we had it on VHS, but when we lost the tape I kind of forgot about it.  Mister Mistoffelees is still my favourite.  It's just such a fun song!

No comments:

Post a Comment