Saturday, April 6, 2013

Castle

I've been catching up on Castle.  I'm on the first episode of the fifth season now.  About ten or fifteen minutes in, actually.  It's a good start to the episode, it had me cracking up.  But there's one thing that I just can't get over, that I've been thinking for pretty much this whole series.  This huge glaring flaw that stops me from really, thoroughly being able to enjoy this show in its entirety.

Beckett's season one hair was so nice, why did they have to change it!?


See?  So nice!  And it changed styles, but it was still pretty every time.  It was a really distinctive hairstyle that suited her really well, but it was still versatile so she wasn't stuck in the same look all the time.  And now she's just got...long hair. And sometimes it's curly.  It's so boring.  And it seems a little unprofessional -- I've never seen a policewoman with long loose hair, it's always tidied up so it's not in her face or flying all around her head.  I've got long hair, I know how inconvenient it can be.  In the first season, Beckett's hair was pretty, it was unique, and it suited her character's lifestyle.  Then it grew out and it looked more generic and it didn't make a lot of sense for her character to have it in the styles she wore.

Other than that though, I guess the show's good.  The banter's always great, and Nathan Fillion is an absolute darling.  The crimes have gotten better, too.  I remember in the first season I would be able to guess who the killer was in every episode, way before the characters figured it out.  I can't really do that any more, it's a surprise more often.  I choose to believe it's because the crime-writing has improved and not because I've become stupider in the past four seasons.  I really hope the crime-writing improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment