Thursday, December 13, 2012

Geminid Meteor Shower

I almost forgot about this!  Have you seen any shooting stars yet?  Tonight's the peak of the Geminid meteor shower, and it's a perfectly clear night with no moon, excellent conditions for stargazing.  It's also cold as fuck.  But cold nights are better for stars anyway, so you're screwed either way.  Can't stay warm and look at the sky at the same time, I suppose.

It's going all night, but I think it's gonna be best later in the night as opposed to now-ish evening.  At least, I hope so.  I can barely see any out right now.  I choose to blame the hour and not the light pollution that comes from living in the middle of St John's.  SKIES HO!

Don't expect a meteor shower to ever look this awesome unless you are on Mars or something. Be happy with what you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment