Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm a pretend reporter!

Okay I will admit it up front, this is probably a lame thing to be excited about.  But you can just fuck right off, because I still think it's cool.

There was a two-car crash on the Outer Ring Road this afternoon, in the westbound lane of the Paradise turnoff.  Traffic was blocked for a few kilometres back, and there was police and firemen and an ambulance there flashing away.  I was driving home from work with Dad, we didn't see the crash itself but when we saw the big mess Dad gave me the phone and I called up CBC to let them know about the crash and the traffic.  Not five minutes later they reported it on the radio! 


It was pretty rad.  I mean, it's not like they mentioned names or made a big deal out of the report, but I still think it's pretty cool that I got to call in with a report that they thought was helpful or important enough to announce right away on the radio.  And then repeat just as we got home, using the exact information we gave them.  I've done it a couple of times before when driving with dad, but this was the first time it was for something exciting like a car crash and not just "The road is washed out" or "There's construction on that street" or something.

And....that's all I got.  Nothing else interesting going on except for a tuna sandwich that is maybe a little too old to eat.  But possibly not?  I will sniff it.

Oh, no, that's gone bad.  Into the trash it goes.  Bye-bye, sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment