Friday, October 19, 2012

A Word A Day

Who else subscribes to A Word A Day?  It's a fun little subscription, it emails you with a new word every day.  Half the time it's a word you already knew, like yesterday's word cassandra -- who doesn't know the phrase "cassandra truth"?  But a lot of the time it's a completely new, frequently unusual word that is a nifty little addition to your vocabulary.  Like today's word.  I like today's word.


Today's word is "Pangloss".  It is almost obnoxiously cheerful.  I'm not sure if I like this word so much because it's just such an optimistic word, or because I like the quotes that came with it, such as "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds," or "The world is a better place than it used to be."

Or maybe I just like it because it is a happy word.  I like happy words.

No comments:

Post a Comment